How to register? Student membership is SIMPLE, EASY and payment is ONCE OFF, for as long as you are a student.
1. Visit our website and download the quick to fill in student application form
2. Complete the application form and attach a CERTIFIED copy of your I.D and Student card.
3. Pay only R200 once off fee for as long as you are a student, Banking details can be found on the application form.
4. Scan and email/ fax these forms alongside proof of payment to SABPP ( email@example.com / 011 482 4830 )
5. Receive acknowledgment and receipt of application form from SABPP.
6. Successfully registered
7. Receive your certificate of SABPP Student Membership
8. Join the student chapter at your institution
9.Kick start your career!
What happens next?
The SABPP Student Chapter?
As of January 2015, SABPP has actively begun creating awareness and launching student chapters at universities and colleges around South Africa. The SABPP Student Chapter is an exclusive SABPP H.R Student society, comprising of HR students who are actively registered as Student Members with the SABPP. This exclusive society will become recognized and deemed a SABPP Student Chapter once 50 students from the specific institution have registered with SABPP. As part of developing the future talent pool SABPP recognises the important role it can play to ensure that tertiary students are fully prepared for a working environment in the HR field. Once officially recognized, SABPP will correspond with students from the University Student Chapter and offer and provide as much support as possible to ensure that awareness is created about the importance of HR and good ethics and practice in the field of HR. Any events to promote the HR Field will be supported by SABPP and funded by SABPP.SABPP aims at practically preparing students to become familiar with the HR profession.
Joining SABPP gives you the benefit of:
- Support from SABPP financial and otherwise
- Door opener and Networking
- Research opportunities
- Leadership opportunity
- Regular electronic newsletters
- Special discounts on seminars
- Electronic discussion forums
- National Student Award via HRUF
- Bursary support via HRUF
- University national HR Games and quiz
SABPP Professional Process of registration
1. SABPP Visits Students at Learning Provider/ Campus
2. Student registers and pays ONLY R200 Once off membership fee
3. Student submits application form and is added to SABPP database
4. Student enjoys benefits of SABPP Student Membership
5. Completes Qualification and enters Job Market, becomes employed and registers as a HR Candidate
6. Gains experience in the field of HR and registers on a SABPP Professional level - HRT
7. Involved in CPD programmes = UPGRADE ( HRA, HRP)
8. Post - Graduate studies and more experience
9. Professional Upgrade = MHRP and CHRP
*Registration steps in above process do not need to be followed strictly in that order. Strict process of registration begins once individual registers as an HR Technician ( Individual will need to meet minimum requirements and experience), it is therefore not compulsory that an individual be registered as a Student Member or HR Candidate before registering on the SABPP Professional ladder.